Swiss Traditions and Know-How’s
We believe that at the center of any exceptional holiday is the personal, face-to-face human connection. Because after all, what is a country without its people?
Since its birth back in 1291, Switzerland has made a point to keep its customs and traditions close to its heart. Fine Swiss know-hows such as the alphorn, chocolate-making, cow-bell making and the delicate art of Scherrenschnitte have been passed down for generations. In our carefully-curated little black book, you’ll find a number of these Swiss locals who perpetuate our traditions and look forward to welcoming you to share their passion.
It’s time to become a true insider! Let Max take you backstage, behind Switzerland’s façade, for a custom guided tour during which he’ll introduce you to these fascinating storytellers… one unforgettable step at a time.
Add the following encounters to your bespoke itinerary:
- Meet a Scherrenschnitte (paper-cutting) artist in her private atelier and try your hand at this delicate art
- Get your hands dirty in your private Swiss chocolate-making workshop
- See how the cow-bell is made and personalize your own to take home
- Visit one of Switzerland’s last alphorn makers and let him play a tune for you
- Get up at sunrise to meet a local farmer family to observe the traditional methods of cheese-making
- Meet a professional yodeler and learn all about this fascinating custom
Bespoke Guided Day Tours in Switzerland by Chantal & Max Switzerland Travel Design
Our Swiss private guided day and multi-day tours are designed to save you time, give you peace of mind and effortlessly show you the Switzerland the locals know. Share with us what you’re looking for, your interests and your style of travel and we’ll custom-design an itinerary you will never forget!
Lean more about our luxury travel planning services in Switzerland by clicking here.